TRACK AN ANDROID DEVICE WITHOUT INSTALLING APPLICATIONS
How to Track a Stolen Android Device with Google
Android Device Manager is a built-in feature in the latest version of Android phone. You can lock and wipe your mobile data remotely with the help of Android Device Manager.
This tutorial is made on Android 6.0 version. The steps might be a little different on other Android versions.
Enabling Android Device Manager on your cell phone
Go to the Phone settings -> Security -> Device administrators.
Now activate the Android Device Manager on your phone. To do this just check the option and click on ?Activate?.
Note: Make sure to enable the location from the mobile configuration.
How to find stolen phone with Android Device Manager
- Open the Google website: Device Manager.
- Sign in with your Google ID.
- Wait for the map to load and in a few seconds you will get the location on the map with useful information such as map route, battery percentage and the name of the wifi network you are connected to.
Note: Zoom in to see exactly where the Android Device Manager is located.
- From here you can ring your Android phone. If you have lost your Android phone at home, this feature helps you search for your phone.
- Click on the Delete button to remotely erase all data on your Android phone: photos, videos, documents, conversations?everything.
- You can also change the password of your Android phone remotely from the button? block?.
Android Device Manager is one of the best ways to keep track of your lost Android phone. However, this method requires a working Internet connection.